Why do you pray ?

Why do you offer Prayer ?

Unknown 

This question proved to be the most difficult question of my life. Assuming To pay thanks to Allah Almighty because he deserve our prayers or the fear of hell that's what I get in response from my mind and heart. They just don't know one specific reason for why do I offer prayers.

There was a time when I used to pray because of the fear of hell. When I read about Paradise the love for it sparked somewhere in my heart. Than I started praying for Paradise. But the love for paradise remained for few days. Because I never really felt like that I am offering that prayer that Allah ordered us. I never felt a connection between me and Allah. Then I asked to my Father-in-law. He said " Son, He has blessed us by all the blessings of the world, you should pray to thank him. Then I started keeping that in mind while praying. But condition of my heart never changed.

 Then one day a strange thing happened, I stood up for prayer and while in prayer I forgot. I forgot Nimaz. I tried hard to remember but I couldn't remember it. Now how am I going to pray this question rose in my mind then strangely I started crying I didn't knew what to do so I just sat down there.

Then I felt like someone's hand on my head comforting me like when a child is crying a someone is comforting it. I felt like someone asking what happened. I said "I have forgotten the prayer" then I felt like someone asking "So?". I was surprised and nervous because I didn't had the answer to that question. Then somebody smiled and asked "why do you pray, From fear ? but he forgives and is merciful then you fear of what ? For heaven ? but he forgives. For thanking him ? hitting head on floor is not called praying. Because he deserve ? what do you think what he deserve (I didn't had more words to say now I was just lost in that voice) he just wants you to speak to him, you consider him your friend always consult him tell him what is your problem like you tell it to your friends your heart will be in peace then you'll find inner peace in prayers."

When I opened my eyes I was still there I was definitely dreaming. I stood again and did ablution the prayer was being prayed my heart was becoming more comfortable I felt like he was with me talking to me then I started talking about everything that was in my heart I found peace and my difficulties started to get easy.

Then I started getting up before Azan I was always waiting to meet the beloved.
I got blessed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's truth about people of Pakistan

Reason we see so many teenagers falling in love.